The morning of his birthday (thanks to Mom getting insider information), I made him biscuits & gravy, sausage and waffles with strawberries and whipped cream. After Alex's morning nap we headed to Gooey Louie to purchase a blueberry gooey butter cake and picnicked on the Arch grounds. The weather was so cooperative and gorgeous. That night we grilled up something birthday grub. Good times :0)
(Before Em left, she made Matt that scrumptious chocolate cake.
The three of us gobbled it up in two days flat.)
Here are a few pictures from the rest of his stay...
(at the Botanical Gardens)
(strolling outside with Miss Brie)
Some of the high lights from Matt's stay include:
* listening to Taylor & Matt go on and on and on (so many common interests) :0) * Bry, Matt and I--ultra planners ;0)--spending several hours planning out the week * Matt coming along on walking group * working with Matt on bday party decorations * Matt making sure Brie could be involved in preparing meals, cleaning, etc. * baked peach oatmeal * working out together at the gym * picnic at Wash-U * making Matt a special bday breakfast * Matt helping out a bunch with the kiddos * Gooey Louie * visiting St. Louis Arch and Museum * seeing the boys grill * Matt giving Bry a priesthood blessing * listening to Matt communicate with Kasia's Mother (Polish meets Ukrainian + Russian) * Azhar & Matt and I going treasure hunting at the Goodwill Outlet * playing Ticket to Ride * Bry, Matt and I doing sealings at the St. Louis Temple * getting Ted Drewe's frozen custard * going to the Botanical Gardens (Box & Temperate Gardens) * Matt getting us a dozen donuts * 123 Cheerio Bday party :0) * Russian dinner with the Southwicks * Matt being so outgoing and friendly and so easily fitting into a new place * Dessert Competition (Apple)! * showing Matt all that I'd bought from "the Outlet" * doing thumbprint art *
I spent so blessed to have gotten to spend a whole week with mon petit frère grand. I sure love you, Matt! Thanks for the wonderful example that you always set for us older sisters :0)









3 comments:
Way fun! It's so nice to have visitors and to catch up with news from home.
Sarah, the photos capture your fun SO WELL! Thanks so much for taking the time to document and then share your fun with all of us! Love the photo of Matt and Brie through the circle window... AND our sweet little "fairy" on her big uncle's shoulders. ADORABLE!
Yes, definitely, Matt is worth celebrating! Love that guy. Glad he got to go to St. Louis and party with you guys!
Post a Comment