(21 April 2012)
Taylor & Matt both served Russian-speaking missions (for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints) and thus have a love for Russian food and culture. After much discussion they came up with a little menu and the 5 (well 6, Brie stayed up and enjoyed the food with us :0)) of us enjoyed an evening filled with Kapusta* (dumplings) , Russian pop and sweets from that part of the World. Matt fermented cabbage just for the occasion. My favorite part, well aside from trying the different cuisine, was listening to the two of them reminisce about their missions. I'm so glad it worked out for us to do this dinner with Matt & the Southwicks before they move.
*I kept teasing Matt and calling it "Kapushka."
1 comment:
I LOVE it, Foreign, Food, Friends, Fun, Festivities All rolled up into 1 evening! Doesn't get better. You all do it so well!
Post a Comment