Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Crustacean Cream Puffs.

(22 April 2012)

Matt's last night here we decided to do a dessert competition---apple being the key ingredient.  (I've always liked cooking competitions and realized today that it isn't because I'm competitive.  It's because I like creating opportunities where people get to work together as a team.)  Bry made some beautiful and delicious apple dumplings. I came up with a "fancy" (code word for interesting ;0)) looking dessert: fanned sliced apples with a dab of cherry, paired with a cinnamon and spiced crispy and a homemade "ferrero rocher."  Matt was attempting to make donut holes drizzled with apple fritter sauce.  He couldn't get the oil temperature right and was ending up with crustacean looking pastries.  They never quite turned out as he had envisioned them to be, but it sure added to the humour and fun of the evening.  Martha came to join us at the end and so graciously judged our dishes.

1 comment:

MoM/WoW said...

What fun all of you have!!!